Monday, November 16, 2009

inside and out (not feist)

My brother found this note before his first college tour. They grow up so damn fast!

The Storyteller: A Novel by Mario Vargas Llosa.




The note:





[Heart] Surrounded I sit amidst erosions gift. small pebbles they really do uplift. memories are precious at times we knew there was a love for very few. Now I seek our origins name not recognized. Will we crash upon the sand, or flee this land we encroach every day. I vanish among the surf to find that wisdom of a fluid type. Sing to me, the sea whispers in my ear, dance circles until there's no rigidity. Sacred we are but seldom we do -- caught inside the rabid Muse -- Electric smells -- I can replace the power to feel that space between two cities outside of time. the race. Surrounded.

by Julia

Detail:




Question: What I find intriguing is the lack of possessive apostrophes (erosions, origins) mixed with the use of a contraction (there's). What's Julia getting at?

Feist sez:

2 comments:

  1. i must admitt this one was a good one. Especially including the video. Nice two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the circle curvature is odd and precise--or precise, which is odd.

    feist is all sorts of pretty.

    ReplyDelete