Friday, November 6, 2009

Rosetta Stone Required

Guest Post #3!

Eric found this cool note of scribblings: one English, several of unknown origin. Probably not the glyphs of an alien species, but my guess is the smooth loops of Arabic.

Eric sez:

I'm not certain what language the marginalia is in this used copy of The Buddhist Tradition. What I am sure of is that my phone takes better pictures than my camera.

The note on top:



No clue:



Yes, you are reading that correctly:


("Ben complete shenanigans")


No cover art, but here is the spine:


Thanks, Eric (aka Guest Poster #3)!

2 comments:

  1. This post redoubled my commitment to the blog. I can't let Eric top all other entries just because he found the word "shenanigans."

    (By the way, I thought that might be hard to spell, but it wasn't.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That de Bary book is damn fine, by the way.
    --Tim, who's commenting just to friend-spam his blog, http://speakyourdreams.wordpress.com/.

    ReplyDelete